[ltp] mwave

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 May 2005 10:53:42 -0400

On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:09:15 +0400
Damir Hakimov <damir@agg.astranet.ru> wrote:

[mwave module not loading on a TP600]

You may need to download/use the DOS utility PS2.EXE to set up the mwave .
in the BIOS.  You can get some strange error messages from the mwave
module if there's a resource conflict or if the mwave is disabled in the
BIOS.  If I recall correctly (I sold my 600 a while back), you can't have
serial, IR, and mwave all enabled at the same time or you get resource
problems.

Also, you might check and make sure "quick boot" is disabled in the BIOS -
it causes problems with Thinkpads of that vintage.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/