[ltp] UI chooser for non-root switching of xorg.conf prior to starting X? - plus sample xorg.conf files for T41p...

Wed, 18 May 2005 00:54:13 +0200

--=-yl/fpK3w8rTLzZ1bdl94

Hi,

> Has someone built a chooser app or script that will prompt me for what=20
> setup I need - maybe present a list of choices - where I don't need to=20
> login as root first.... in fact where I can just set default run level=20
> to 5 and be prompted for which xorg head config I need?  I looked into=20
> doing this with GDM xsession choices, but I don't think this approach=20
> works - I don't see a way to pass X server startup parameters to=20
> gnome-session or startkde from the display manager.

It doesn't work via Xsession, because Xsession is executed after the X
server is launched. But still you can do this with GDM, i think (not
that i ever did).

GDM allows to have different X servers configured and has a chooser to
select the one you want. Look into the GDM help and look for server
configuration. I remember that they are configured in the [SERVERS]
section of the gdm.conf file.

Andr=E9.

--=-yl/fpK3w8rTLzZ1bdl94

--=-yl/fpK3w8rTLzZ1bdl94--