[ltp] Hello together!

Fri, 20 May 2005 06:27:08 +0200

>-- Original-Nachricht --
>From: Jan Girlich <vollkorn@freenet.de>
>To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
>Subject: Re: [ltp] Hello together!
>Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:00:16 +0200
>

>K.-Heinz Hagenbucher schrieb:
>
>> I just wanted to say hello to all. I'm new here, as well as with Linux
>> (Ubuntu Hoary), and I also got a fairly new R51, which I like very much.
>
>Welcome,
>
>an R51? I got one too. Which one exactly?
>Do you have an ati radeon or a intel extreme graphics 2?
>
>What did you get to work (3d-acceleration, suspend-to-ram, ...)?
>
>Bye
>Jan
>
>Beilage: smime.p7s

Hello Jan

Sorry, that I only answer you now, but I wasn't checking my mailbox 'til
now. I'm running Hoary (ubuntu), the suspend to ram is working, but the 3D
is standart (Card is a 9000 Radeon). At the moment I'm still trying things
out, and learning about Linux, so the system is not running like it should.
I'm not to concerned about the suspend, but the 3D, DVD, DVD-Burner, iPod,
gkrellm, Palm, and the TP-Buttons with display I would like to get working
properly. but as I'm still new to PC's and Linux, it will be a long way for
me.
Have fun, rock Linux! :-)

Heinz