[ltp] Speedstep?

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 May 2005 13:02:05 -0400

--=-=-=

I recently decided to install powernowd. I'm afraid I've forgotten
exactly why. I tried, it didn't work, I ignored it for a while, I
noticed again this morning that it didn't work, and I went off to poke
about.

Apparently I need to load a module, speedstep-centrino being the
obvious choice. But for my CPU (on a T42p):

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1993.779
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat =
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe est tm2
bogomips        : 3956.73

it says "no such device".

Have I bungled something in the build (of 2.6.11.3)?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

=2D-=20
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Computer Science is the first