[ltp] T30 and Bluetooth

Paul Cuciureanu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 May 2005 16:49:37 -0400

this worked for my linksys bluetooth stick.
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_mobile_phone,_Bluetooth_and_GNOME
ciao.
from gentoo wiki:

Configure kernel for Bluetooth support Like USB or FireWire you should
have the latest kernel drivers for bluetooth. The latest stable
gentoo-sources are 2.4.25 and Bluetooth's working for me. If you're
using a previous version your mileage may vary. Also, make sure that
USB hotplugging is working as it won't be covered in this tutorial. I
assume it's already working for you. Go to /usr/src/linux and run
"make menuconfig" to set up Bluetooth. You may compile the features
into the kernel but I used modules. Works well and saves you from
recompiling the whole kernel. First, go to "USB support" and make sure
that "USB Bluetooth support" is disabled. Then, go to "Bluetooth
support" and at least select the following options ("Device Drivers"
-> "Networking Support" -> "Bluetooth subsystem support"):  <M>
Bluetooth subsystem support
<M> L2CAP protocol support
<M> RFCOMM protocol support
  <*> RFCOMM TTY support
Bluetooth device drivers ---> <M> HCI USB driver

 (RFCOMM might not be necessary, but as long as it's a module there's
no disadvantage in compiling it...) (If you want to use rfcomm to
establish a connection between your cellphone and your pc, say for
using your mobilephone as a remote control for xmms (xmms-btexmms)or
similiar things you need RFCOMM TTY support. Otherwise rfcomm will
complain with following errormessage "Can't create device: Operation
not permitted") Exit, Save your configuration and do "make dep"
followed by "make modules modules_install".