[ltp] X series.

Wed, 25 May 2005 09:03:56 -0400

On 5/25/05, Paul Cuciureanu <paulcu@gmail.com> wrote:
> greetings.
>  ...as I was rambling in the other email, I've been to IBM's Montreal
> roadshow "better by design", and fell in love with the X series.
>=20
> how many types are there? X40, X41, X42?
> what are the prices?
> does it come with a docking station? if not, how much is that?
> how does linux run on it? big issues? anyone running gentoo on it?
> is it a good idea to go for a refurbished set?
>=20

I bought a refurb x24 and I can't be happier.  The latest modules are
the x40 and x41 which are intel i9xx based.  the x31 and x32 are
radeon m6 based.  The rest is pretty much the same.

> any general information would be great. .. and possibly some links to
> web deals?

PCconnection's ebay store and several other IBM authorized resellers
on ebay are a good bet.

> where would I find one in Montreal? I know there's an IBM shop in Toronto=
.. .

I'm sure some vendors ebay vendors will ship to Canada.