[ltp] Resume from Suspend to RAM not possible after BIOS upgrade (R50P)

henry ritzlmayr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 May 2005 17:30:24 +0200

This is more an Information than a question. I recently upgraded from
BIOS v2.10 to v3.15 and from ECP v2.04 to v3.04. After that Resuming
from suspend mode was not possible any more. The screen was black after
resuming. I could however connect to the system through ssh and shut id
down cleanly. Since I wanted suspend/resume I downgraded to BIOS v2.10
and ECP v2.04. Since than suspend/resume works like a charm again.

If anybody knows why or how I can suspend/resume with the newer BIOS and
ECP it would be fine, but since I donĀ“t really saw a difference in the
BIOS/ECP Versions wich are of interest for me it is not that important.

For all the others out there wich bought a R50P recently - you might
want to check your BIOS/ECP Version maybe it helps to get suspend/resume
to work for you.

henry