[ltp] Unable to revive from suspend to disk

Hugo Santiago Carrer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 May 2005 11:49:25 -0300

Hi there

I finalliy got my used T23. I have Debian (Sarge) on it with a 2.6.8
kernel. Im still struggling with acpi and suspend to disk.

 I have added the resume=3D/dev/hda3 kernel option to the kernel line
above, and when I do

echo disk >/sys/power/state

It goes into hibernation but when I poweron again it doesn't recover,
instead it boots up as if nothing happend except that I get the
following line in dmesg

Unable to find swap-space signature
Adding 498952k swap on /dev/hda3.  Priority:-1 extents:1

The first line only appears after a hibernation attempt, it looks like
the hibernation breaks something in the swap partition or something.

Any Ideas?

Thanks=20
Hugo
--=20
Ing. Hugo S. Carrer
Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales UNC
Tel./Fax: +54 351-4334147 Int.105
http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu
-----
Never seem more learned than the people you are with.=20
Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden.=20
Do not pull it out to count the hours,=20
but give the time when you are asked. -Lord Chesterfield