[ltp] T40, ACPI, and sleeping

Pete Toscano linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 May 2005 12:19:42 -0400

Chris Frost wrote:
> In case one does need to use the radeon fb and the patch to enable
> sleeping, I turned this on and applied the above patch. A five minute
> suspend to ram using the thinkwiki test script yielded:
>
> Wed May 25 20:58:40 PDT 2005
> before: 39570 mWh
> after: 39370 mWh
> diff: -200 mWh
> seconds: 337 sec
> result: -2136 mW
> Your model seems to be affected.

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~vbraun/computing/T41/kernel.html

Try Volker Braun's kernel.  I'm using it on my T40 and it's great.  All
the ACPI functions work along with everything else on my laptop.  If you
have the ipw2100 chipset in you T40 and if you're comfortable with
editing spec files, you might want to get the most recent SRPM and
uncomment the ipw2100 stuff and comment out the ipw2200 stuff.  If you
have problems with it, email me and I'll send you my RPM of Voker's
version of the kernel with the ipw2100 tweaks.

pete