[ltp] RE: Resume from Suspend to RAM not possible after BIOS upgrade (R50P)

henry ritzlmayr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 May 2005 09:22:44 +0200

>Hei,

>> This is more an Information than a question. I recently upgraded from
>> BIOS v2.10 to v3.15 and from ECP v2.04 to v3.04. After that Resuming
>> from suspend mode was not possible any more. The screen was black after
>> resuming. I could however connect to the system through ssh and shut id
>> down cleanly. Since I wanted suspend/resume I downgraded to BIOS v2.10
>> and ECP v2.04. Since than suspend/resume works like a charm again.
>>=20
>> If anybody knows why or how I can suspend/resume with the newer BIOS and
>> ECP it would be fine, but since I don=B4t really saw a difference in the
>> BIOS/ECP Versions wich are of interest for me it is not that important.=20

>Did you read that?:

>http://www.thinkwiki.org/index.php/Problem_with_display_remaining_black_aft=
>er_resume

>Andr=E9.

Yes I read that - but I didnĀ“t play (test) with that, since it is working with the
old Bios Version and the old ECP. If you like I can upgrade to the newer Versions
again and test it for you - as said for me it is not important but I might be able
to help others by testing.

Henry