[ltp] "default font not found"

Mats Keil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 May 2005 04:19:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everybody,

After an update ("Mandrake update tool" - Mandrake 10.0, R40) of some
components of XFree (among others, also the fonts), I couldn't start
netscape 7.2 any more.  So I installed the latest mozilla version,
but the result was the same:

The browser is starting.  However, when accessing a web-site,
then it doesn't load it, but rather hangs up.  After killing
the browser and trying to start it again, the following message
is displayed:

"GtK-ERROR **: Unable to load default font"

Apart, after killing the browser window nedit won't work anymore,
and the whole system crashes when performing a logout, making it
necessary to power it off.

Btw, Firefox and Thunderbird seem to work.  Executing netscape on a remote
computer works also fine.

Any idea of how to fix this?

Matthias