[ltp] Unable to revive from suspend to disk

Hugo Santiago Carrer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 May 2005 09:43:04 -0300

On 5/27/05, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:49:25 -0300, Hugo Santiago Carrer wrote:
> > Hi there
> >
> > I finalliy got my used T23. I have Debian (Sarge) on it with a 2.6.8
> > kernel. Im still struggling with acpi and suspend to disk.
> >
> >  I have added the resume=3D/dev/hda3 kernel option to the kernel line
> > above, and when I do
> >
> > echo disk >/sys/power/state
> >
> > It goes into hibernation but when I poweron again it doesn't recover,
> > instead it boots up as if nothing happend except that I get the
> > following line in dmesg
> >
> > Unable to find swap-space signature
> > Adding 498952k swap on /dev/hda3.  Priority:-1 extents:1
> >
> > The first line only appears after a hibernation attempt, it looks like
> > the hibernation breaks something in the swap partition or something.
> >
> > Any Ideas?
>=20
> Did you check the kernel logs for messages regardung software suspend?
> I only used swsusp2 (http://suspend2.net) but reading the documentation
> in Documentation/power/swsusp.txt from the kernel source, it seems like
> all drivers needed for resume must be loaded when swsusp is
> initialized, which might not be the case if you use an initrd, like
> it's done by Debian Sarge kernels.
>=20

> Btw., I use kernel 2.6.11.8 and swsusp2 2.1.8.7 on my T23 and it works
> like a charm.
>=20
> Regards,
> Tino

Well I guess that should be it, I am using an initrd so... what are my opti=
ons?
If a patch my kernel sources with swsusp2 will it work? I assume it
will from your statement above. I'm guessing, thats the way to go
then?.
On another matter, is there any place to put scripts to be executed
upon resume? This is to "reset" things that dont come up nicely, such
as alsa and the like.

Thanks a lot=20
Hugo

--=20
Ing. Hugo S. Carrer
Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales UNC
Tel./Fax: +54 351-4334147 Int.105
http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu
-----
Never seem more learned than the people you are with.=20
Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden.=20
Do not pull it out to count the hours,=20
but give the time when you are asked. -Lord Chesterfield