[ltp] IBM t23 supersavage, xvideo overlay

Fri, 27 May 2005 10:37:34 -0400

On 5/27/05, Harald Strack <hstrack@trymedia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>=20
> I am running Linux Kernel 2.6.10, xorg cvs, drm cvs and mesa cvs on my
> t23 with supersavage IX/C SDR card.
> Xvideo works perfectly when I am running 1024x768. But all smaller
> resolutions
> (640x480, 800x600) are producing a video overlay which is only filled
> with videodata in the upper right part. The rest is blue. What you see
> is the actual movie, but it seems like the linebreaks (if this exists in
> xvideo) are wrong.
> Since the display  and the position of the video is wrong, the error may
> be, that the Xvideo driver
> does not recognize the smaller resolutions but uses for its calculation
> further on 1024x768.
>=20

it sounds like an offset problem, or maybe a LCD scaler issue.  As I
recall I had Xv working pretty well at all resolutions on my savage
IX, but it's been a while since I tested.  I don't have a supersavage,
so it may be supersavage related (although I think the overlays are
pretty similar if not identical).  Do you have problems with all YUV
formats or just some?
I must re-iterate that the savage streams engine is a work of pure
evil.  I REALLY dislike working on it.  If anyone else wants to try
their hand at this, let me know and I can answer any questions you may
have.

Alex