[ltp] Re: Forward/backward keys in Firefox

Paul Bolle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Nov 2005 22:47:30 +0100

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 19:16 +0100, Leon Brokken wrote:
> Eric Kjeldergaard wrote:
> > On 11/3/05, Leon Brokken <leon.brokken@med.lu.se> wrote:
> > > In ~/.Xmodmap I have added the following
> > >
> > > ! Browser Forward and Backward keys
> > > keycode 233 = F22
> > > keycode 234 = F21
> > >
> > > to enable the forward and backward keys (in the arrow keys panel on the
> > > bottom right) for browsing. This used to work well in Firefox until
> > > version 1.0.6. However, in the latest 1.0.7 this doesn't seem to work
> > > anymore.
> > >
> > > Anyone a clue as to what is wrong? And how to restore this? Have a T41
> > > running Slackware-current.
> > >

> > Perhaps try assigning them to XF86Back and XF86Forward?
> >
> in ~/.Xmodmap
> keycode 233 = XF86Back
> keycode 234 = Forward
>
> Doesn't work either. Or should I have made those entries somewhere
> else

Did you again update content/browser/browser.xul
in /usr/lib/firefox-$RELEASE/chrome/browser.jar (I'm using the settings
of my FC3 system here)? I have to edit that file with every Firefox
update on my system to get those two keys working in Firefox again. (It
could be possible to write a small extension to do just that. I haven't
yet tried to do that.)

Regards,

Paul