[ltp] HTML mail

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 07:21:49 +1300

--nextPart1728086.jvrEYGjgQ4

Hi

Please don't send HTML mail to technical mailing lists - the list is archiv=
ed=20
so that anyone searching for a solution to a problem can benefit from the=20
solutions others have found.

HTML mail adds lost of characters that don't provide information - it=20
increases the size of the archive, and my interfere with searching.

As well. HTML is an executable format, and many Trojans, Worms, etc find th=
eir=20
way into computers in HTML code.  As a result, many mail programs are set t=
o=20
reject HTML.

Mail is information written as text.  Please don't use up bandwidth with HT=
ML=20
on mailing lists.  We can provide our own pretty fonts in our mail reader.

Cheers,
Bret