[ltp] Which mini pci wireless card?

Christopher Sawtell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:56:55 +1300

On Sunday 06 November 2005 03:26, Tobias Kretschmer wrote:
> > The driver is in the current ( 2.6.14 ) kernel.
>
> Can you point me to where to find it? I've been looking for it but
> couldn't find it in the regular 2.6.14 Source using make menuconfig.

The 'make menuconfig' utility has a search facility now. Just key in a slash
character '/' to enter it, then the configuration option you are wanting.

For example: / and then 'ipw2100' produces something like:-
     ( I hope the e-mail scrunchers do not muck it up too much )

Symbol: IPW2100_MONITOR [=n]
Prompt: Enable promiscuous mode
 Defined at drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig:167
  Depends on: !UML && NETDEVICES && IPW2100
  Location:
  -> Device Drivers
   -> Network device support
    -> Network device support (NETDEVICES [=y]
     -> Wireless LAN (non-hamradio)
      -> Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions
          (NET_RADIO[=n])
       -> Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection (IPW2100 [=n])

Symbol: IPW2100 [=n]
Prompt: Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection
 Defined at drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig:140
  Depends on: !UML && NETDEVICES && NET_RADIO && PCI && IEEE80211
   Location:
   -> Device Drivers
    -> Network device support
     -> Network device support (NETDEVICES [=y])
      -> Wireless LAN (non-hamradio)
       -> Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions
            (NET_RADIO [=n])
  Selects: FW_LOADER

--
CS