[ltp] ACPI or APM on a thinkpad R52

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 Nov 2005 20:15:20 +0100

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 12:50 -0500, Michael R. Hines wrote:
> I used "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state". Is that consistent with your usage?

That's probably not enough, since a couple of kernel modules (e.g. USB)
tend to get into the way at suspend time, or the screen stays garbled at
time. There is a example script at
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid that you might extend
to your needs.

BTW, I'm still using "echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep" via the
hibernate.conf settings, but I have to confess that I haven't tried
the /sys/power/state way in a while.

Otherwise suspend to RAM works very reliable for me, not a single crash
with kernel 2.6.14 and the 3rd patch from the Wiki.

Regards
WK
--
http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p