[ltp] SOLVED (sort of) ACPI or APM on a thinkpad R52

Michael R. Hines linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:26:22 -0500

After a lot of pain and heartache, I did finally get my R52 to sleep.

1. Read these wikis:
    http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid

http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_display_remaining_black_after_resume

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux#Hang_on_resume_from_suspend_to_RAM

2.
- Try turning off things like DRI in xorg.conf and DRM in your kernel's
character devices.
- Don't compile in selinux (acpi tries to unsuccessfully stop the audit
daemon)

3. Understand what's going on at the main ACPI website:
    http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html

Thanks again to Wolfang for resuggesting that I try the third patch.

- michael