[ltp] Re: External TFT with higher resolution on a IBM T40

Ulrich Möhrke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:33:31 +0100

Hi,

Konstantin Filtschew wrote:

> hi,
>
> the restart is not a problem for me, I need a config-file or an example
> how to run x only on the external TFT.
> I've tried to setup, but it doesn't work :(

I had the same problem with a T22. For me the solution has been the
following.
Config for external display. Choose the display with function keys Fn-F7
before X is started. If only external display has been chosen, the
resolution is good for this one. If ointernal display or both are chosen,
the resolution is good for the internal display. If the T40 has function
keys like this.
If you forgot to choose only external display, you have to restart X
(Ctrl-Alt-Backspace).

Ulli