[ltp] Re: t22 dual screen configuration from list does not work

Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:56:42 -0500

On 11/7/05, Ulrich M=F6hrke <ulrich.moehrke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alex Deucher wrote:
>
> > On 11/5/05, Ulrich M=F6hrke <ulrich.moehrke@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Is it really not possible to have a dual screen scenario with t22 or
> >> do I need a newer X-version (X.org) or
> >> is there something wrong within the configuration?
> >
> > Dualhead is definitely possible.  I added support for dualhead to
> > savages after xorg 6.8.x was released so you will need Xorg cvs or the
> > 6.9/7.0 release candidates.  you can grab nightly binary snapshots
> > here:
> >
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download#head-55420c59a1c2e9a70f07a6fa02f=
0d228ffb87b76

> I tried backport from http://people.debian.org/~nobse/xorg-x11/ and it
> works. But the resolution is not separately chosen for external display.
> The same as for the internal one is used.

you should be able to use separate modes and refresh rates on each
head.  I suspect there's either a problem with your config or the
packages you are using.  take a look at the xinerama howto or my
sample config here:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/new-savage/savage/working/XF86Config-xinerama

Alex