[ltp] sound after suspend broken after upgrade to Mandriva 2006 on T20

Michael Reinsch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:58:56 +0900

--=-AuBjFbsKmgvc0id1UOgi

Hi!

On 08.11.2005, 02:02 +0000 Mark Stosberg wrote:

> There's one thing that used to work that I can't get to work now:=20
> Having sound work after suspending and resuming the laptop.

Are you using ALSA or OSS? I used ALSA on my T20 and suspend with ACPI
worked OK (there were sometimes some issues with ACPI suspend to disk in
the kernel in Mandriva Cooker, not sure which one went in 2006). Anyway,
for suspend I used in /etc/sysconfig/suspend:

RESTORE_SOUND=3D"yes"
#SOUND_MODULES=3D"..."

and:
RESTART_SERVICES=3D"mysqld irda alsa anacron cpufreq cpufreqd
mDNSResponder"

The last entry makes sure that the alsa modules are unloaded before
suspend and reloaded after resume.=20

You can also try this by hand first: suspend and resume and then do a
"service alsa restart". That should bring back sound (at least it did so
on my T20).

--=20
  Michael Reinsch <mr@uue.org>                      http://mr.uue.org/

--=-AuBjFbsKmgvc0id1UOgi