[ltp] sound after suspend broken after upgrade to Mandriva 2006 on T20

Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:55:33 +0100

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 02:02:06 +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded Mandriva to 2006 on my T20. I had a number of
> problems with that. I've documented the experience and my solutions
> on the wiki:
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Mandriva_Linux_on_the_Thinkpad_T20
>
> There's one thing that used to work that I can't get to work now:
> Having sound work after suspending and resuming the laptop.
>
> I've tried different kernel versions, APM and ACPI, and setting the
> "RESTORE_SOUND" option in the "suspend" file to yes and no values.
>
> What else is left to try?

On my T23, I had to change the volume of the PCM and Master channels to
some other value, and unmute it (can be done in a script, e.g. using
aumix). After these actions, sound works again after suspend, without
reloading any moduls. A running xmms will continue to play music after
suspend.

Regards,
Tino