[ltp] Re: External TFT with higher resolution on a IBM T40

Eric Kjeldergaard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:00:24 +0900

On 11/9/05, Ben Plaut <bplaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> (T40 2373 w/ 14" 1024x768 on Radeon 7500 16mb | Ubuntu Breezy)
>
> i've got a similar dillema...
> When i use the laptop, it is either with the dock & moniter, or on its ow=
> -
> never hotplugging, and only one screen at once. I also would like to get
> 1280x1024 when docked, but 1024x768 when undocked... and i'm a bit confus=
ed
> with what has been said here. It seems that i can reconfigure Xorg when
> docked to get full res, but would i have to reconfigure every time i turn=
ed
> on my computer?

There is almost assuredly a better solution, but one possibility is
that on boot you could have a script check for the dock and cp your
xorg.conf.docked or xorg.conf.undocked as appropriate to xorg.conf.
(This is what vmware's scripts do on boot ... )

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.