[ltp] swsusp vs. Hibernate?

Bill Sheppard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:19:03 -0800

Hi, all,

I've got a T42 w/1GB RAM running SuSE 9.3.  Suspend-to-disk (via
standard kernel swsusp) works fine, but generally takes a long time
while freeing memory in order to fit the suspend image into available
swap space.  I'd rather dedicate up to a GB on the hard disk for a
suspend file and not worry about freeing memory prior to suspend.  Can I
do this with standard swsusp, or can I enable Redisafe somewhere and use
that for hibernate rather than swsusp?

Thanks!

Bill

Bill Sheppard                                  Industry Marketing Manager
bill.sheppard@sun.com                   Consumer and Mobile Systems Group
(408) 404-1254 (x68154)                            Sun Microsystems, Inc.