[ltp] T23 and S-video out

Nigel Wilkinson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:39:22 +0000

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:52:51 -0500
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Take a look at the savage
> mailing list for more info:
> http://probo.probo.com/pipermail/savage40/
> there was a thread about this same issue and how to fix it a while
> back.

I applied the patch which is to be found at
http://probo.probo.com/pipermail/savage40/2005-May/000397.html

and this got rid of the seg fault but all I end up with is two blank
screens. The TV screen appears the same whether the S-video lead is
plugged into the PC or not. I know the lead and video are OK as my Video
cam plays through it so I guess that there's no signal coming out of
the PC either because the switch isn't happening or the output socket
is broken. I don't suppose the fact that the S-video cable is a mono,
not stereo, lead would make any difference (he said grasping at straws).

I'm about ready to give up and buy a DVD player.

Cheers
Nigel