[ltp] Re: External TFT with higher resolution on a IBM T40

Paul R Streitman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:30:09 -0500

I have the reverse problem -- a 1400x1050 T42 and a 1280x1024 external =
TFT.
To solve it, I created two ServerLayout sections in my xorg.conf -- eac=
pointing to a different screen section.  The first ServerLayout gets
control by default when I start X.  If I want the other one, I simply i=
ssue
"startx -- -layout mytft" where "mytft" is the ServerLayout name I want=
.
Its a bit cumbersome, but both the xorg and ATI drivers never seem to b=
able to get this right without some help.

                                                          Paul
z/OS core components development
Internet: prs@us.ibm.com

linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org wrote on 11/08/2005 09:17:31 PM=
:

> (T40 2373 w/ 14" 1024x768 on Radeon 7500 16mb | Ubuntu Breezy)
>
> i've got a similar dillema...
> When i use the laptop, it is either with the dock & moniter, or on
> its own - never hotplugging, and only one screen at once. I also
> would like to get 1280x1024 when docked, but 1024x768 when
> undocked... and i'm a bit confused with what has been said here. It
> seems that i can reconfigure Xorg when docked to get full res, but
> would i have to reconfigure every time i turned on my computer?
>
> Help would be appreciated,
> -Ben

> On 11/4/05, Ulrich M=F6hrke <ulrich.moehrke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > the restart is not a problem for me, I need a config-file or an exa=
mple