[ltp] Thinkpad Dock II and docking/undocking with T40p

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:13:05 +0100

--3607uds81ZQvwCD0

Hello.

@Borislav: I think you can add dock support for T40p (2373G1G) in your
compatibility matrix. Long version below.

Today i find some time to play with me new Thinkpad Dock II. Yesterday
i get my DVI with 1600x1200 working, so today i tested the
docking/undocking feature from ibm-acpi.

If i press the eject button at dock, i get the acpi event descriped in
the documentation. My handler script do=20
echo undock > /proc/acpi/ibm/dock
After that, the docked led on the dock switch off and eject button
jump out, so that i can disconnect my notebook physical. Quite nice
until now.

But there are still a problem. Because i switch the resolution from
1600x1200 external TFT to 1400x1050, i have some problems with X and
radeon driver. It would be nice to see acpi handler scripts change to
correct resolution during undocking. I think i will try xrandr
tomorrow. I also think about the LVDS, TDMS patch for radeon driver.
Perhaps i can define dedicated resolution for internal and external
display. I keep you informed.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--3607uds81ZQvwCD0