[ltp] APS and Linux

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:28:02 +0100

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 11:40 +0100, Steffen Dreise wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 11.11.2005, 11:35 +0100 schrieb Wolfgang Karall:
> > Nothing really useful as in
> > automatic harddisk head parking, but I guess that's just a matter of
> > time. Still neat to see the Thinkpad being shaken in the 3D
> > application. ;)
> mh and it works? So if my laptop will fall done from the table the
> harddisk will be stopped? Does the sensor stop the hd?

No, as I said "nothing really useful" (yet), there is no automatic head
parking atm. And since the harddisk is not stopped by the sensor but by
some software running as normal program in the OS, there needs to be a
user-space program for Linux to do just that. But AFAIK people are
working on it.

Regards
WK
--