[ltp] No sound after reboot

David Gillis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:23:57 -0600

------=_Part_26602_10104661.1131719037910

Good morning, I have a Thinkpad 600e with a brand new, clean install of SuS=
9.3. Here is the output of uname.

2.6.11.4-21.9-default #1 Fri Aug 19 11:58:59 UTC 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

The problem is this. I can use the YaST install product and install my soun=
and it works well. All is autodetected goes without a hitch. I can also use
alsaconf and the soundcard is found and set up and works great as well. I
have used alsactl store to save the settings. When I do either of these
setup procedures things work beautifully. Now comes the catch. When the
computer reboots the sound is gone. I go into the YaST setup for sound and
the card is found but shows not configured. I can do the setup again and
sound works great until a reboot. The same for alsaconf, works great until =
reboot. I have read what seems to be about 100 posts in many forums and
googled a lot. I have not found a solution to this anywhere. I have also
posted in different forums and received no replies at all. I am hoping some
of the guru's on this list can help me.

I had been using an older version of SuSE and did not have this problem. A
hard drive failure caused my upgrade.

David

------=_Part_26602_10104661.1131719037910

Good morning,   I have a Thinkpad 600e with a brand new, clean in=
stall of SuSE 9.3. Here is the output of uname.<br>
2.6.11.4-21.9-default #1 Fri Aug 19 11:58:59 UTC 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Li=
nux<br>
The problem is this. I can use the YaST install product and install my
sound and it works well. All is autodetected goes without a hitch. I
can also use alsaconf and the soundcard is found and set up and works
great as well. I have used alsactl store to save the settings. When I
do either of these setup procedures things work beautifully. Now comes
the catch. When the computer reboots the sound is gone. I go into the
YaST setup for sound and the card is found but shows not configured. I
can do the setup again and sound works great until a reboot. The same
for alsaconf, works great until a reboot. I have read what seems to be
about 100 posts in many forums and googled a lot. I have not found a
solution to this anywhere. I have also posted in different forums and
received no replies at all. I am hoping some of the guru's on this list
can help me. <br>
I had been using an older version of SuSE and did not have this problem. A =
hard drive failure caused my upgrade.<br>
David<br>

------=_Part_26602_10104661.1131719037910--