[ltp] Full dock and PCI graphics adapter

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:40:03 -0500

On 11/12/05, Rolf Leggewie <no2spam@nospam.arcornews.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the full dock and a PCI graphics adapter installed.  I am looking
> for information on how to set up xorg so that I can use the PCI card
> while docked and the internal display while undocked with my X20.
>
> Even better would be to have the internal display on all the time and
> the PCI card added as a dual-head setup while docked.  I am not sure if
> that is possible. As Alex has pointed out several times on this list,
> the internal graphics adapter by itself cannot (yet) drive a dual-head
> setup.  Again, where would I find information on this?

you can't really switch between dualhead and single head on the fly,
but you can use the integrated chip on either the LCD or the CRT port
and then a second adapter in the PCI slot.  just set up two server
layouts in your xorg config and start X with one or the other
depending if you are booting docked or not.  Take a look at the
xinerama howto.

Alex