[ltp] No sound after reboot

David linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:11:24 -0600

This is exactly the way I do things after each reboot. I have some new
information concerning my problem. It seems that when the computer
restarts the alsa loads before the window manager. I have tried KDE and
Fluxbox. If I just reboot and don't reinstall alsa and try to use Amarok
or Alsaplayer all that I get is white noise. I try and close the player
and it closes but very slowly. When I do a shutdown and the window
manager closes while the screen is black but before a shutdown, the
music player appears on the black screen during the few moments before a
complete shutdown. When it appears it is playing whatever music that was
suppose to play when I only heard white noise. I sure hope someone can
help me with this, I love this little computer and have used it for two
or three years almost every day. I would really like to be able to hear
music again.

David