[ltp] APS and Linux

Alejandro Bonilla Beeche linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:54:42 -0600

Wolfgang Karall wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 14:14 -0600, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:
>

>>Neverball works, everything works. We just still need the head freeze
>>for the hard drive which is not there yet.
>>

>It's not obvious that it works, but I just saw that hdaps shows up as
>input device in /proc/bus/input/devices. And I guess I just lack the
>joystick support in my kernel to get a joystick device too, right?

Exactly. But no /proc.

>Could you maybe enlighten us how exactly it can be used? Maybe even
>write something in the ThinkWiki about it? Thanks.

You need joystick support
modprobe joydev

cat /dev/input/jsX (/dev/input/js0)
shake your laptop

>>Hey, thanks for pointing out that Theft alarm script!! How come no one
>>sent it to me or the HDAPS ML? ;-|
>>

>It's pretty much brand new, so maybe Thinker (the ThinkWiki user who
>wrote it) would've sent it to you in time.

OK, I have it anyway.

If someone thinks that their life depends on having HDAPS support, like
I do. Please email Jens Axboe or LKML or whoever you want. I think I'm
already in their ban list. Things don't happen just cause. WE need the
community to ask for it, else, no freeze options, then no hdaps daemon
to control and call the function.

.Alejandro