[ltp] Re: Ctrl key not in the good place

Fionn Behrens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:55:13 +0100

--=-ealB9UXuxDeiuTVkpHWY

On Mo, 2005-11-14 at 11:29 +0000, William Dode wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I wonder why the Ctrl key is not on the good place, like in all the
> desktop keyboard, on the left ?
>=20
> Is it possible to exchange it with the Fn key ?

Unfortunately not, because the FN key does not create regular keypress
events. But you can map the utterly useless caps-lock key to ctrl. After
all that is the place where ctrl used to be in the old days anyway ;-)

br,
	Fionn
--=20
 80% der Konservativen, die mir begegnen, sind im Grunde Sozis die keinen=20
 Durchblick haben. (80% of the Republicans I meet are just Democrats who
 don't know what's going on.)                       *** Robert Kennedy Jr.

--=-ealB9UXuxDeiuTVkpHWY

--=-ealB9UXuxDeiuTVkpHWY--