[ltp] Re: Ctrl key not in the good place

Wookey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:22:00 +0000

+++ William Dode [05-11-14 13:48 +0000]:

> Yes, but it doesn't resolv the problem of using others desktops...
> But somebody know why it's like that ?

I don't know why IBM decided this was a good layout. It's the one thing that
really annoys me about an otherwise very nice machine. It's OK if you never
use anything else, but if you move about between machines/keyboards it's
very tiresome.

The only good thing about it is that when you are somewhere very dark it is
easy to turn the thinklight on by hitting the keys in the opposite corners
of the keyboard (easy to find by feel).

Wookey