[ltp] ! (Re: New ATI Driver) - Still not much luck

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:35:30 +1100

Thanks.

Still not much luck though. I havent recompiled the kernel to include
suspend2 support YET. This is mostly because I dont need
hibernate/suspend-to-disk as much as I need suspend-to-ram.

Using your xorg.conf didnt help either. Still got the terminal window
with the text "inu" after resume and a lockup.

Next I removed the automatic insmoding of intel_agp and agpgart during
startup. This seemed to help a little in that I got X back (after a
resume) but with a large amount of distortions and finally a lockup.

Then I tried recompiling the fglrx.o module. This helped in that I got X
back and it was functional. When I tried to plot a 3D plot using matlab,
everything locked up again.

So the next step is to install a 2.6.14 kernel with suspend2 support and
see if that helps.

Thanks again (and still would appreciate any help/hints on whats going on).

DS