[ltp] ! (Re: New ATI Driver) - Still not much luck

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:11:20 +0100

On Die, 15 Nov 2005, D. Sen wrote:

> Nope ....still no luck!!! recompiled the kernel (2.6.14-2) with the
> suspend 2 patch and almost exact config file as Fionn (except I have xfs
> support built in to the kernel).
>
> So now I have the exact same kernel and xorg.conf as Fionn and still
> cant get suspend/resume (to memory) to work.
>
> The only other variable are the acpi suspend/resume scripts. Can anyone
> (who has this working) post them?

suspend worked with the default script from acpid for me fine (i also use
only XFS). Make sure you boot your kernel with the acpi_sleep parameter..

        acpi_sleep=     [HW,ACPI] Sleep options
                        Format: { s3_bios, s3_mode }
                        See Documentation/power/video.txt

s3_bios worked for me.