[ltp] No sound after reboot

Stan Weddington linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:50:04 -0500

On Sunday 13 November 2005 09:00 pm, David wrote:
> Surely there or other thoughts. I know this can be fixed, I just don't
> know how. It is enough to make me want to downgrade.

Your thread gave me the incentive to try and get my
thinpad 600 sound working...I have been trying for
quite awhile off and on with little lasting success.

Hooray! - I found the solution to my particular
"no device found" errors when trying to modprobe
the cs4346 sound driver.  check out the following
link:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2005/10/msg00048.html

I do not know if this setup is specific to Debian.  I
put the modprobe in /etc/init.d/local so that the
function is performed at boot time.  I also had to
add my non-root users to the "audio" group to
eliminate a "permission denied" error when trying
to access the mixer.

All sound functions (at least the ones I have tested)
seem to work just fine now.

Hope this helps,

Stan