[ltp] hotswap dvd + battery

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:23:02 -0500

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 20:50 +0100, Stefan Schmidt - stefan@sostec.de
wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 12:25, th.trauco@neverbox.com wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for your answer. That's what happens to me too (using 2.6.14).
> >
> > I guess hotswap is not quite there yet.
>
> Did you use the bay feature from ibm-acpi?
> http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/README
>
> The last time i tried eject and insert on my T40p, it works. The only
> problem is no DMA support after hotswap. But this is a linux kernel
> issue.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

I should've explain myself better. Yes, I can eject the dvd and use the
battery (at least, I think I can using ibm-acpi), but losing DMA when
putting the dvd back is a big problem if I want to watch a movie or
something. In practice, one needs to reboot, I think.

Do have any idea if this is something the kernel guys are working on
fixing?

Thanks for your answer,
Carlos