[ltp] New ATI Driver: xv fix using vbetool

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:43:24 -0500

> I am using vbetool 0.3-1 from debian (apt-get install vbetool)
> and my kernel is 2.6.14 PREEMPT with suspend 2, fglrx 8.19.10.
> I have a small script for suspend to ram here:
>
> http://nikias.dyndns.org/~nikias/snooze
>
> and the other one is hibernate from suspend 2, see my hibernate.conf here:
>
> http://nikias.dyndns.org/~nikias/hibernate.conf
>
> I am not using any other scripts.
>
> Greetings,
> Nikias
Thanks a lot Nikias. I downloaded and compiled vbetool-0.3 and applied
to my suspension script strictly as you used. And indeed it no longer
lock up the screen upon resumption.  However I still get no xv: mplayer
-vo xv just give a black box until I restarted x. Oh well, I guess the
only difference is that I have 2.6.12 kernel.  Nothing I can do about
it.  Thank you anyway.
Jiang