[ltp] ! (Re: New ATI Driver) - Still not much luck

Pezhman Givy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:53:14 +0100

Hi D. Sen,

I have exactly the same ATI graphics card "ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT
[FireGL Mobility T2] (rev 80)". The new ATI driver
on my machine is much more stable when I use the external AGP support by
means of loading intel_agp at boot time. When I use the internal AGP
support the machine resumes from suspend to ram but the display is
corrupted followed by a crash. When I use the internal AGP support even
rebooting or halting the machine within X causes a crash even without
any suspend/resume cycles.
Using the external AGP support suspend to ram/resume seems to work.
Although 3D support is disabled after resume (fgl_glxgears dies with
floating point error.) I told better not perfect. I experienced crashes
when restaring X after some suspend/resume cycles.

Kernel version is 2.6.13. lid.sh does nothing except stoping hotplug
before suspend and starting it when resuming. Xorg version is 6.8.2.
Without acpi_sleep=s3_bios in the kernel command line I can reproduce
the "inu"-effect you described before.