[ltp] New ATI Driver

Wolfgang Karall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:59:17 +0100

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:53 +0100, Dragos Vingarzan wrote:
> It works on my T43p with the V3200!!! YUPEEE! suspend to disk and xrandr
> also works! But not with radeon_fb - with vesafb.

Yes, the new driver works on my T43p as well, but I had to disable the
usage of vbetool, whereas the opensource radeon driver doesn't restore
the screen without vbetool. Both with vesafb, btw.

> Suspend to ram does not work... but it's the same story without the
> fglrx - when resuming the cdrom powers up, but that is all - nothing
> else seems to wake up.

Did you apply the patches that are needed to get SATA drives suspend and
resume properly? In case you need information about that topic: see
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_SATA_and_Linux

Regards
WK
--