[ltp] What is a Planar Board?

Dragos Vingarzan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:15:24 +0100

I would say that is the motherboard.

They changed it on my R32 3 times until they got it right...

Now they changed my HDD on the same machine - must have been built on a
Monday ;-). Very please by the change, as when you can identify the
problem and change the part yourself, they send you a replacement in the
next morning through UPC in Europe. What amazed me was that they did not
want the old one back, although in the box I found a prepaid return
label for the package and instruction to send it back... What if the
defective one actually worked? Hey! don't screw it now that I told you
;-)! it is really nice to have things fixed in <24h!

Greg Meyer wrote:

>I had some trouble with the USB ports on a T41 so I sent the machine in for
>service, and it was returned to me a note that said the planar board was
>replaced.  The service manual makes no reference to a planar board.  I have
>hunted on the net and based on what I see I think it is the system board, but
>I'm not sure.  Can someone here confirm that for me?
>
>BTW, my experience with IBM was unbelievable.  I made a call on Wednesday
>afternoon about 5:15 and a shipping box was delivered to my door on Thursday.
>I didn't send it back right away because I needed to use the weekend to back
>the machine up, so I shipped it Monday.  On Tuesday afternoon, I logged into
>the support site to see if they had received it, and it said they had shipped
>it back already.  This couldn't be I thought to myself, but sure as shootin'
>a DHL van showed up in my driveway on Wednesday.  Very impressive.

Dipl. Eng. Dragos Vingarzan
FOKUS/NGNI
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
10589 Berlin,Germany
Phone +49 (0)30 - 3463 - 7385
Mobile +49 (0)162 - 153 - 0154
eMail vingarzan@fokus.fraunhofer.de
Web www.fokus.fraunhofer.de
We could change the world if God would give us the source code...