[ltp] T20 modem

Bernard Tremblay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:10:09 -0500

Pino Giaquinto a écrit :

>  I have a DELL Latitude C810.
>  Unfortunately there isn't a driver for my 3COM modem (3C556) but I
have discovered that the T20 modem/lan mini-pci card (IBM Intel Pro SP
10/100 LAN + 56K Modem mini PCI Card - P/N:06P3819; FRU:0693809) is
compatible with my laptop!
>  I wish to know as soon as possible (I can buy this card on eBay) if
there is a linux driver for this modem... please help me...!

If you show output of 'lspci' it would give more information about your
actual modem. The Model and the model type of your thinkpad would permit
to find some  info too on the IBM site at
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/ .

 I own an A21P type 2629-HSF and here is my lspci output (for the modem
part):

0000:00:03.1 Serial controller: Xircom Mini-PCI V.90 56k Modem

This modem is supported by the 'ltmodem' driver.  It works very well on
my TP.  I think you should have the same modem or a similar one.
On the site 'http://www.linux-thinkpad.org/links.html' they says that
your modem should be a supported Lucent modem.
 machine:     A/T20x
Video:        ATI Rage Mobility 128
Sound:      CS4624 & CS4297A AC97
Modem:   Lucent

For Linmodem infoCheck at http://start.at/modem .

You will need the sources of your kernel and you'll have to compile it)
and then compile and install the driver.  The Lucent README gives quite
straightforward instruction on the install. And dont forget,  If you
upgrade kernel version, you will have to recompile everything to keep
your modem working ...

Regards,

   BT