[ltp] Taking the plunge

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:20:36 -0500

<FONT face=3D"Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size=
=3D2><DIV><DIV>I switched 2 weeks ago and dont regret it. Check out cross o=
ffice if you use MS office. I'm using Gentoo and the latest ati drivers (fg=
lrx) with no issues. I got dbus,hald,ivman all working so when I plug thing=
s in the automatically mount. I even have synce working automatically to sy=
nc my phone up.<BR><DIV><BR></DIV><FONT color=3D#990099>-----linux-thinkpad=
-admin@linux-thinkpad.org wrote: -----<BR><BR></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"P=
ADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #00000=
0 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org<BR>Fr=
om: S Krishnakumar &lt;cupaxe@gmail.com&gt;<BR>Sent by: linux-thinkpad-admi=
n@linux-thinkpad.org<BR>Date: 11/18/2005 05:18AM<BR>Subject: [ltp] Taking t=
he plunge<BR><BR><FONT face=3D"Default Monospace,Courier New,Courier,monosp=
ace" size=3D2>Dear List Members,<BR><BR>I have been a casual GNU/Linux user=
 for around 4 years now, using it<BR>as a Vmware client (within a Windows X=
P host). I have now decided to<BR>take the plunge and install GNU/Linux on =
my T42/p 2373. It has a IBM<BR>a/b/g wireless card and this is what I am mo=
st concerned about. I<BR>would appreciate if members let me know of any "go=
tchas" that I should<BR>be aware about, and any other things to keep in min=
d to make my<BR>transition a pleasent experience. I plan to install SUSE 10=
 but am<BR>open to member suggestions.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot in anticipation,=
<BR>Krishna<BR>-- <BR>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<BR><=
A href=3D"http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-thinkpad=