[ltp] ATI Proprietary Driver (fglrx) and Xinerama

Jeremy Driscoll linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:51:13 -0600

--------------030806080200020307010209

I'm trying to get the ati proprietary (fglrx) driver (8.19.10) working
with xinerama on xorg-x11 (6.8.2). According to the release notes from
8.16.x, xinerama is now supported but I can't seem to make it work. It
goes into X but I get very bad ghost images everywhere and it's
completely unusable. Is anyone out there using these two together?

Big Desktop would work, but I'd like to run my laptop lcd, which is a
T43, at 1400x1050 and the external monitor (a 19inch flat screen) at
1280 x 1024. I can make this work with the fglrx driver without xinerama
support, but I have to run two separate window managers, and I can't
move windows between them because of this. Can anyone help me out?

Jeremy

--------------030806080200020307010209

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
(8.19.10) working with xinerama on xorg-x11 (6.8.2). According to the
release notes from 8.16.x, xinerama is now supported but I can't seem
to make it work. It goes into X but I get very bad ghost images
everywhere and it's completely unusable. Is anyone out there using
these two together?<br>
Big Desktop would work, but I'd like to run my laptop lcd, which is a
T43, at 1400x1050 and the external monitor (a 19inch flat screen) at
1280 x 1024. I can make this work with the fglrx driver without
xinerama support, but I have to run two separate window managers, and I
can't move windows between them because of this. Can anyone help me out?<br>
Jeremy<br>

--------------030806080200020307010209--