[ltp] wheelbutton on external mouse

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:33:44 +0000

On 11/21/05, Ole Langbehn <neurolabs@web.de> wrote:
> come se fosse antani wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I'm using an x40, in them occasionally I plug a optical mouse from
> > logitech . the mouse works fine but I'm not able to use the
> > wheelbutton... it don't have any effect pushing it.
> > here is my xorg.conf (under debian).
> > I tried also to commenting the config about the synaptics touchpad but
> > unsuccessfull... nothing changes.
> >
> > any suggestions?
>
> you don't need emulation, since you have 3 buttons and a wheel, right?
> try this:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> #       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> #       Option          "EmulateWheel"    "on"
> #        Option         "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
>
> EndSection

I tried and it works... the only problem is that I want to be able to
use both trackpoint and external mouse.
Modifying xorg.conf as you suggests, the external mouse works but I'm
not able to use the middle button of my ibm to scroll  (together with
the use of trackpoint).
I think that I need two entry for input device in xorg.conf, one for
the trackpoint and one for the eventual external mouse.

> you can find tons of xorg conf examples via google

you're right but the problem is that they are not explained and I
don't know exactly what I need...