[ltp] wheelbutton on external mouse

Stephan Groß linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:44:04 +0100

On Monday 21 November 2005 15:33, come se fosse antani wrote:
> On 11/21/05, Ole Langbehn <neurolabs@web.de> wrote:
> > come se fosse antani wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > > I'm using an x40, in them occasionally I plug a optical mouse from
> > > logitech . the mouse works fine but I'm not able to use the
> > > wheelbutton... it don't have any effect pushing it.
> > > here is my xorg.conf (under debian).
> > > I tried also to commenting the config about the synaptics touchpad but
> > > unsuccessfull... nothing changes.
> > >
> > > any suggestions?
> >
> > you don't need emulation, since you have 3 buttons and a wheel, right?
> > try this:
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
> >         Driver          "mouse"
> >         Option          "CorePointer"
> >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
> >         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
> > #       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> >         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> > #       Option          "EmulateWheel"    "on"
> > #        Option         "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
> >
> > EndSection
>
> I tried and it works... the only problem is that I want to be able to
> use both trackpoint and external mouse.
> Modifying xorg.conf as you suggests, the external mouse works but I'm
> not able to use the middle button of my ibm to scroll  (together with
> the use of trackpoint).
> I think that I need two entry for input device in xorg.conf, one for
> the trackpoint and one for the eventual external mouse.

Indeed. I have added the relevant parts of my xorg.conf.

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Dual head configuration (clone mode)"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Trackpoint" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "Touchpad" "AlwaysCore"
        InputDevice    "USBMouse" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Trackpoint"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
        Option      "EmulateWheel" "yes"
        Option      "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
        Option      "EmulateWheelInertia" "5"
        # The next option is only available with xorg >= 6.8.2
        Option      "EmulateWheelTimeout" "200"
        Option      "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"