[ltp] Debian on R50e - how to make wpa_supplicant work with wpa2?

Vaclav Stepan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:43:49 +0100

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 03:42:30PM +0100, Julius Plenz wrote:
> * Vaclav Stepan <stepan@kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> [2005-11-19 15:25]:
> Wow that must be great for you, I haven't got that to work for some
> months now... :-/
The same model?

> > Should I say somewhere ,,save to partition this and this''?
> Yep, you should. Do that by appending the following kernel parameter
> to your Grub or Lilo conf:
> resume=/dev/hda9

Well, I get still the same :-(
(after modifying menu.lst in Grub and rebooting)

> By the way, I'd recommend you to try Software Suspend ver. 2, though
> not officially in the kernel yet, because it's much faster. Take a
> look at: http://www.plenz.com/thinkpad_R50e#suspend

That looks promising. As I'll have to use a custom kernel anyway,
I'll try it.

> > (2) Getting WPA2 running
> > Failed to set encryption.
> I don't know if that'll help, but:
> [ Quoting http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/INSTALL ]

Thank you, that was helpful. I got less errors and more details and finaly
a note ``the driver does not support WPA''. So 1.0.0 driver seems no good
for this...

Thank for all the responses

Vaclav Stepan