[ltp] T21, hangs on ACPI resume

Alexis Parseghian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:18:10 +0100

Hello all,

I've spent the day trying to get it to work without success... Checked
and followed thinkwiki and this list, googled to death and back, and I
still can't figure it out.

Model 2647-BCF running Kubuntu Breezy with stock kernel 2.6.12. Power
management works fine with APM. I didn't try ACPI earlier due to the
problem with the 3Com card, but when I saw on thinkwiki that it could
be enabled, I thought I'd give it another try.

So : kernel supports acpi, acpid and ibm-acpi loaded, etc. I can get
all the acpi info (from /proc as well as the acpi utility), I can send
the T21 into suspend-to-RAM by Fn+F4, closing the lid, executing
sleep.sh and whatnot. (I haven't tried suspend-to-disk.)

What I still can't do is wake up the machine. Reopening the lid, or
pressing Fn, I get the screen to power up, partially display "Back to
C!" -- then the machine is totally unresponsive. HDD light goes on and
off, moon crescent blinks continuously. Hard reboot is
required.Nothing shows in the logs.

Following the advice found here and elsewhere, I tried specifying
kernel options : acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios, nolapic, noapic, with or without
video=3D and vga=3D options... I still get the above behavior.

Any suggestions ?