[ltp] T21, hangs on ACPI resume

Alexis Parseghian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:37:56 +0100

> I am in the same boat as you, same symptoms in fact.  However, I can get
> S1 (standby) to work, which wasn't mentioned in your message.  I'll just

I haven't tried it, as I have no use for it. The way I use the
machine, I need "sleep" to work, even more than hibernate ; I'll keep
on using apm if that's what it takes.

> If you haven't, you may want to try switching to single user mode (init
> 1) and unloading all of the modules that have known power-management
> problems (uhci-hcd, 3c59x, speedstep_smi, psmouse).  You could even be
> on the safe side by unloading all modules that you do not need.  Then,
> after doing that, try suspending to RAM.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that and then keep re-adding modules as I go.

> Do you have savagefb built as a module or compiled into the kernel
> (CONFIG_FB_SAVAGE)?  I found that I could not suspend the machine (S1)

Neither. The kernel boots with vesafb, and I do believe (can't check
right now) that it's as a module.

> Best of luck,
> Kevin

Thanks. I'll post the results of the tests here.